Not happy with your skin? Looking for some real results and tangible solutions to your problematic skin? From dryness, to acne and fighting the signs of aging, I take a look at how to learn to improve, and love the skin you’re in.
Being the largest and one of the most sensitive organs in (well on) the body, your skin is a good indication of what is going on inside. If you are suffering with problematic skin it could be a symptom that, internally, something's not quite right.
This could be a combination of hormones, poor diet or not enough water. Or simply using the wrong products on your skin.
By looking at skin care as an overall condition, and not just treating the direct symptom, it becomes much more likely to find a total solution to issues such as; acne eczema, dermatitis, dryness, dehydration or dullness.
I’m a big believer in a total skin wellness. This is when the complete picture of health is taken into account alongside a facial treatment that utilises skin-loving natural products.
When you combine treatments for both inner-health and outer-health, the results in treating complexion concerns are simply breathtaking.
I’m a huge advocate of The Waterlily Artisan skincare range. I’ve found this to be one of the best natural products and my clients are seeing some truly wonderful results in the conditions of their skin by utilising both a healthy lifestyle and diet alongside these plant active products.
TOP SKIN HEALTH TIPS
· Drink plenty of water – water is the key to flush out toxins and keep your skin looking hydrated and fresh.
· Ditch the alcohol and cigarettes – chemicals in both alcohol and cigarettes can prematurely age and make your skin dehydrated and dull.
· Limit processed foods and sugary treats – as with alcohol these can dull and prematurely age your skin. They can also escalate acne problems and hormonal imbalances.
· Exercise – a healthy body is much less likely to suffer less from skin conditions and be able to deal with allergic responses.
· Have a good skincare ritual using top natural products – be gentle with your skin.
· Avoid harsh chemicals on your skin – these may have a quick fix solution (example acne) but they can damage your skin and lead to other issues such as excessive dryness.
It is important to get to root of your skin issues. Allergies, food sensitivities, lifestyle and environment can all play a major factor in the condition of your skin. The skin, hair and nails can be signalling other issues that need to be taken into account when coming up with a real solution to your skin concerns.
I’m very passionate about skin health and how to get clients back to loving the skin that they are in. If you are concerned about your skin, or wanting to get that glow ready for summer, get in touch.